Friday, September 14, 2012

Indecision? Go with Plan D?

Might you be wondering what I'm up to with this stack of fabrics?
 
Maybe they have something to do with the Dots on Dots Blog Hop?
 
Perhaps!
Here's the thing....when I signed up for this hop, I figured that I'd just make a few interesting blocks for my Ackfeld wire hanger = Plan A.
 
Then I got to thinking (which isn't always a good thing since it typically changes the plan). I need a baby quilt for the new little girl my neighbor across the street just brought home. Even though I have another stack of fabrics already chosen for a girl quilt, I could use these instead. A simple Double Pinwheel block in a variety of colors with White sashing would be quick and simple = Plan B.
 
Another couple of days went by and I wasn't sure I wanted to do Plan B. I pulled out my copy of Quiltmakers's 100 Blocks Volume 4 and decided instead to use one of the blocks in there that I marked in the beginning for a future project = Plan C.
 
Then I was catching up on blog reading and I saw a tutorial for an interesting block done up by Jeni of In Color Order and immediately changed paths for this quilt = Plan D.
 
So which one am I actually doing? Honestly I don't know at this moment. I haven't had a moment lately to actually sit down and sew at all but I will definitely be making some me time today. You'll just have to come back here on my Dots on Dots Blog Hop day which is Thursday Sept 20th to see what I ended up choosing.
 
 


4 of you added your own colorful comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

LOL - you are still plotting and planning and I am working on the blocks for the next hop. I always get early in the schedule list, so I have to be one step ahead. Love your pile of fabrics, oh, what I could do!! Hope you get your ME time today.

Annie said...

Well hurry up and pick a plan, I can't wait to see how those fabulous fabrics work up all together! Stop teasing and get to work! LOL

carla said...

Hi!!! You sound a little like me!!!! I will be back to see what you decided on!!! I am sure it will be wonderful either way!!!

Rachell said...

Silly! Wish I had that much fabric to be stumped over, but I don't have much of a stash. Your stack loOks really fun, and can't wait to see what you choose!