Saturday, September 15, 2012

Scoreboard Dedication

The scoreboard donated from the softball tournament earnings (and the balance of the fund in honor of another student) was dedicted last night at the team's first home game.  Unfortunately hubs couldn't get out of work early enough for us to be there in person (it is 3 hours from us), but we were there in spirit. I can't wait to see the scoreboard myself. I know that my nephew Danny will forever be remembered in his hometown for all his accomplishments and his great personality.


Many tears come now at yet another reminder of a great young man lost way too soon. A wound my family will never fully recover from. We love and miss you so very much Danny!


4 of you added your own colorful comments:

Karen said...

This is a wonderful reminder of two young lifes and how they touched many lifes.

Rachel said...

Hugs!!

Julianne said...

Oh gosh, I cried too Michelle! What an awesome tribute to those kids...Hugs!

Linda Lee said...

My heart aches for you and your family. We also belong to the exclusive club of parents who have lost a child. It is a club that never wants new members because we never want others to hurt the way we hurt. One of the many books I read had an interesting quote, "When you lose your parent you lose your past. When you lost your child you lose your further." I have used my experience to reach out to mothers as they go through the grieving process.