Thursday, January 31, 2013

1 deadline met and reveal day reminder

I have to fist thank everyone for your sweet and heart felt comments on yesterday's post. Unfortunately I didn't get a good night's sleep again last night as Sunshine had me up 4 times, but I'm hopeful that tonight will be better.

Last night was a good night. After the kidlets and I got home from work/school, they played nicely together (mostly) while I played with Lucy and got the last Quilt U Be Mine quilt additions done. It will be off in the mail to its owner today. Here is a little sneak peak.
Tiny? I know. But I don't want the owner to figure out what I did to her piece in advance. Surprises are always fun. Remember that the big reveal day for all the Quilt U Be Mine pieces will be on February 14th.

It actually felt really nice to finish something. Yes I do have another deadline piece that is due out today, my center block for the Modern Mini Mystery Round Robin 2013 but unfortunately that one is going to be slightly late. It just couldn't be helped. Please don't tattle on me to the Swap Queen. I hear that she has a mean muscle guy named Guido that doesn't like sewing machines that she send after serious offenders. Millions of tiny pieces of plastic and metal are typically the result of one of his visits.

Deciding what sort of center block is usually the hard part and I've been looking at numerous books and sites for inspiration. Luckily I came across an idea a few days ago that I really like. I even picked the fabrics I will use while the little ones played in the tub. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll cut a few squares, sew together some HST and put a new block together.
Tomorrow will be a day that I've been looking forward to for weeks. A friend and I are going to rent time on an Innova long arm machine and hopefully get a few tops quilted. I've been itching to try out this machine and I hope it lives up to my expectations. Wish me luck and I promise to show you my progress as soon as I get a chance.


4 of you added your own colorful comments:

Melinda said...

Yeah, you've got to watch out for that Guido. I hear he's a real tough guy! Got mine sent today as well! USPS online says it should get there by Monday...woohoo!

Karyn said...

HA HA...I don't feel SOOOO bad about not having mine done yet. I know I was granted a grace period until Monday, and trust me, I am frantically pulling fabrics and trying out ideas. (I should post a picture, but I just can't bring myself to do it.) My ideas just tumbled on top of each other while i was pulling fabrics, the next thing I knew, I have about 8 different ideas (for a tiny starter block! YIKES!) I am SO excited! I can't wait!

Rachel said...

I'm calling Guido!! Hope you had fun on the long arm!!

Michele said...

Please don't do that!
And I ended up cancelling the long arm appointment. Sunshine has had us up every night since the surgery, as many as 4 times in 1 night, and I was just plain exhausted. I figured it wasn't wise to try and do quilting while half asleep.