Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Quilters Ailments - Stuffedfullosis

Oh no, I have it! I have it bad!
My scrap bin has a horrible case of

Stuffedfullosis!
If you don't already know, there is a great new Doc McStuffins cartoon that came out on Disney Junior last year. It is one of Sunshine's favorites.Medical professionals love it too because it has helped kids not be afraid of going to the doctor.
Doc is a 6 year old girl who is a "doctor" to stuffed animals and toys. They magically come to life with her special stethoscope and after giving each ailing toy a thorough checkup she comes up with the diagnosis.
The diagnosis get listed in The Big Book of Boo Boos.
On the Gulpy Gulpy Gators episode, Gustave got a tummy ache from eating too many marbles.
When he was opened up, Doc found that his tummy was full and he was diagnosed with Stuffedfullosis. When I open the drawers of my scrap bin that is exactly what I find...they are full so they must have Stuffedfullosis too.
Gustave was cured by Doc simply by removing the marbles. I don't think that will solve my scrap bins' problem and the episode's lesson to not eat too much won't work since quilters never stop accumulating more scraps.

I guess we'll just have to suffer with the ailment. Thankfully it isn't fatal.
Does your scrap bin have Stufffullosis too?

6 of you added your own colorful comments:

Diane-crewe said...

absolutly!! and for some reason the more I use... the more I get!! Cant understand it! lol x

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a cute way to put those scraps into terms! You have some lovelies there - dump them out and make a 'dump quilt'.

Needled Mom said...

I think mine has a fatal case of it!!!

Julianne said...

OMG! I laughed out loud when I read the title of your post! Fantastic! Thanks for the giggle!!

beaquilter said...

better get cracking on scraps! I think you may have SABLE too? I posted about that the other day

Katie said...

super funny blog -- there are a few modes of treatment. Make a scrappy quilt and toss scraps that are too small or bundle them up and sell them or gift them to other quilters (i'm avaliable). That kinda makes it more like the chicken pocks if your spreading it around. great post and it brightened my day. -- Ps thatnks for the awsome swap partner in the sister swap I am swimming wiht ideas on what to make her